To prevent unauthorized customers from accessing digital products such as applications and software, merchants typically require entering a unique code or clicking a unique link in order to access their order. The process a purchaser takes to access a product is referred to as “claiming” or “redeeming”.
Nearly all digital purchases include a “redemption process”, which refers to the necessary steps required to access the product. Merchants that sell digital products with us use a variety of redemption processes that may vary from product to product.
Here are some of the most common methods you’ll see in our shops:
- Some products will share a license code or serial number that is required to be entered at a specific stage of the setup or sign-up process. Be sure to always copy and paste this code in order to avoid any typos or misleading characters like ‘0’ and ‘O’.
- Other products may direct you to a specific link. From that link, you’ll need to create an account and provide a redemption code.
- Some online courses may require you to create an account and then enter a specific license code
- StackSkills courses are associated with the email address you used to check out. If you’re new to StackSkills you’ll need to check your inbox for an email with the subject line “Redeem your copy”.
- Open that email and click “Confirm Email” to be taken to the sign-up page for StackSkills.com.
- After you complete the sign-up process, click “Go to Course” to begin your lesson.
Note: You may access detailed steps on how to redeem your specific purchase by visiting your account and selecting the order you’d like to redeem. If you're having trouble with this process, contact our team.